Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Why I hate blazers now


Photos by BrownzArt.at

There was a time when I was really obsessed by blazers. I thought they fit me "so well", and I would always try to wear them in every outfit possible. When I wore them, I looked "put together".
When I threw this blazer on, I was really surprised how much appeal it lost for me - I haven't worn this white blazer since almost a year and i also did not buy new ones, because of their awful shoulder paddings. Looking bulky is not what i want.
In the 80s, the message of the ginormous paddings was "I am a successful businesswoman, with broad shoulders like a man! Wearing this will make them take me more seriously!"
I keep seeing blazers combined with tight blouses and mom-jeans on blogs of young women and I keep thinking to myself : You could wear this in 20 years. You should wear more exciting things while you can get away with it, like hot pants. And thats what I did. Dear blazer, you need to go back in the closet for a long time... maybe someday I will like you again. 

Blazer - Mango // Skull Top- Awwdore // Shorts - Vjstyle // Waffle Bag - Chicwish   





12 comments:

  1. Bequem ist der Rock leider nicht :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pics! You got a great Blog. Would you like to follow each other?
    Just let me know ;)
    http://myesscape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolle Bilder *_*
    Lust auf ggs verfolgen bei Instagram, GFC oder Facebook ?

    Lg
    vanessa
    http://albers-fotografie.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely fantastic!! I love the way you wear your blazer! :)

    Join my giveaway to win stylish sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tolles Outfit Süße! Wenigstens kann ich dir über bloglovin' und GFC schon mal folgen!! ;) Hoffentlich geht instagram bald wieder :* küsschen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also ich finde das Outfit perfekt! :)


    Alles Liebe,
    Verena von Who is Mocca?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Komplett richtig! Muss jedoch gestehen, dass ich mit 20 auch gedacht habe, dass es an der Zeit wäre richtig seriös zu werden! Jetzt mit 27 denke ich mir - das hat alles noch zeit! Bunte Hosen, Kurze Röcke - yeah baby - es ist schließlich Sommer! ABER "bulky" schaust du mit Sicherheit nicht aus ;)! Lg astora

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually really like the look of this blazer on your. You look great! http://budgetbrunettes.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tolles Outfit steht dir total gut =) Also, ich liebe Blazer und ich kombiniere gern Shorts oder so dazu.... und du könntest nicht mal mit 10kgSchulterpolstern breite Schultern haben =)

    Übrigens gibt es bei mir auf dem Blog gerade eine Aktion, bei der du eine Blogvorstellung und eine Zeichnung von dir in deinem Traumkleid gewinnen kannst =) Schau doch mal vorbei - ich finde dich superhübsch und hätte dich wirklich gern als Motiv =) http://omnia-est-vanitas.blogspot.de/2013/05/gratiam-referimus-500-leser-gewinnspiel.html LG, Héloise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Super trendy! Eager to find some nice mens leather jackets, jackets one cwmalls.com can really meet my needs. Quality is outstanding. Comfortable and, design is very excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfit, really fab!
    -xoxo- Roxanne | BALUZ

    Connect with BALUZ:
    Blog | Twitter | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | WeHeartIt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)